Ikona Gear International (“IKGI”) is a knowledge-based company focused on the design and manufacture of innovative and patented solutions for gearing and power transmission applications. The Ikona Gear system has features that we believe are better, stronger, more precise and generally superior to standard gearing systems. The Company's unique, patented technology is ideally suited for deep ratio, weight and size constrained applications where often it is the only superior solution.
The Ikona gear technology is the only technology that enables internal gear-sets with only one tooth difference, resulting in a much higher meshing of gears, and significantly higher gear ratios.
IKONA's Building in Coquitlam, British Columbia
Ikona Industries Corporation, wholly owned subsidiary of IKGI, is currently targeting two significant applications in the oil and gas field machinery; drawworks and mud pump gear drives.
MUD PUMP DRIVES
- Ikona’s 2-speed Drawworks provide enhanced lifting capacity, improved maneuvering at high speed, and the required power for heavy lifts.
- Ikona’s drawworks are completely enclosed with minimal maintenance requirements and provide a smaller footprint than competitive products.
- Ikona’s Drawworks are 50-60% smaller and lighter than all competing products – a critical feature for offshore drilling applications where space and weight are at a premium. Their rugged, compact and lightweight design facilitates the ease of relocating a rig between drilling locations, reducing downtime and providing Ikona’s customers with a significant competitive advantage.
- Ikona's Mud Pump Drives facilitate the desired speed and power of the drilling rig mud pump and produce the required flow and pressure for powering the drilling head.
- They represent a considerable savings in capital expenditure versus existing assembled solutions and enable oil and gas packagers to reduce the overall footprint of the mud pump package by up to 40 percent.
- Their compact footprint eases permitting requirements, making the mud pump system easier and less costly to transport, which minimizes rig downtime.
- They represent a considerable savings in capital expenditure versus existing assembled/packaged products in the industry and offer customers considerable competitive advantages with respect to performance, efficiency, operating and relocation costs.
Webmaster matyasMEDIA, highly recommended by Ikona Industries Corporation.
OIL AND GAS PRODUCTS
SIZE AND WEIGHT REDUCTIONS GIVE MUD PUMP DRIVE TECHNOLOGY AN EDGE
By Jaqueline Louie, New Technology Magazine,
IKONA INDUSTRIES HAS DESIGNED
its new mud pump drive technology
to be compact, light and
efficient. For customers, the
advantages to this technology
include a smaller capital investment,
lower operating costs and
less maintenance. Drilling rig
operators gain a competitive
advantage in terms of performance,
efficiency and cost-effectiveness,
according to the Coquitlam,
B.C.-based firm, a wholly-owned
oil and gas subsidiary of Ikona